The Libraries provides access for a wide range of data resources to the campus community. The Data Services Librarian will assist researchers in identifying additional sources of value-added and public domain data and, if possible, will acquire needed datasets and provide on-site access. Assistance to non-NCSU users will be provided as resources permit.
The following resources can be useful starting points for locating relevant datasets:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) - Data and Library Services
- Census - Population and Housing data
- ICPSR - Political and Social Science data
- Business, Economics, Industry, and Market Data
- Text and Data Mining - Datasets, tools, and tutorials
- Datasets for Teaching and Learning
- re3data.org - registry of research data repositories
- Web of Science Data Citation Index - access research data from multiple disciplines worldwide
For assistance or to set up a consultation, contact Data Services.