How To Apply
The deadline to apply for the 2018 Data Science and Visualization Institute for Librarians has now passed. Please contact Jennifer Garrett (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
What to Expect in the Application Form:
You will be asked to respond to the following questions:
- What is your experience and/or interest in data science and data visualization as a component of your work as a librarian?
- How will participation in this program benefit your work? Please describe one or more projects or initiatives you would like to explore during the program.
- In what ways do you expect your particular skills, experience, and perspective to contribute to the group learning experience?
You will be asked to provide a letter of support from your Library Director
- The letter of support should describe support for the candidate's full participation in all activities associated with the Institute including preparation for and attendance at in-person events. The letter should also confirm financial support for costs associated with registration, travel, and subsistence for all in-person components of the program.
Acceptance to the Data Science and Visualization Institute for Librarians is made through a competitive application process.
- The application deadline will be 11:59 pm EST on Februrary 9, 2018.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status early March 2018.
- Tuition for the Data Science and Visualization institute for Librarians is $2,500.