The resources on this page have been compiled by NCSU librarians to assist faculty members in locating high-quality Open Educational Resources for Alt-Textbook Project grant proposals and general use in the classroom. If you'd like to find an OER for your course, try the OER Metafinder tool!
- A searchable catalog of free open textbooks developed by the University of Minnesota’s College of Education and Human Development. Textbooks are reviewed by contributing faculty to ensure quality.
- All textbooks are available under various Creative Commons open-content licenses.
The Open Textbook Library is supported by the Open Textbook Network, an alliance of higher education institutions devoted to access, affordability, and student success through the use of open textbooks. NC State is a proud member of the Open Textbook Network.
- An initiative of the California State University system, Merlot is free peer reviewed collection of educational materials meant for use in higher education.
- The collection consists of tens of thousands of discipline-specific resources, course assignments, and contributor comments to guide instruction.
- Developed by the Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education, OER Commons is a freely accessible online collection of open educational resources. This fully searchable catalog includes hundreds of open textbooks for use in higher education.
- Unless noted otherwise, all site content is freely available under a Creative Commons non-commercial license.