Accessible Resources, Technology, and Facilities
The NC State University Libraries is committed to providing access to all library collections, services, and spaces for all library users.
For library resources that are not available in an accessible format, the Libraries will work to identify reasonable accommodations and timely access for users with disabilities.
- D. H. Hill Jr. Library
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library
- Harrye B. Lyons Design Library
- Natural Resources Library
- Assistive technologies you can borrow
Accessible technologies in the D. H. Hill Jr. Library are available in the Assistive Technologies Center (ATC). The center provides technologies to facilitate library research and alternate format access to library materials for users with a variety of vision, hearing, and/or mobility-related disabilities.The ATC is available whenever the Library is open (Hill Library hours).
No appointment is necessary, but patrons can request an orientation to the ATC by scheduling an appointment with a library staff member by calling (919) 515-3364.
- Screen reading software: JAWS, Read&Write, ZoomText
- Magnification equipment: Enhanced Vision DaVinci Magnifier (video magnifier with text-to-speech)
- Scanning equipment: HP Scanjet Pro 3500 flatbed scanner
- Braille technology: VP SpotDot Braille Embosser
- Speech recognition software
- Assistive Technologies Center, Room 1209, First Floor, North Tower
- Unity Lab, Second Floor, South Tower
- Learning Commons, First Floor, East Wing
- Ask Us Lobby, First Floor, South Tower (gender-inclusive restrooms)
- First Floor, West Wing (women's restroom)
- Second Floor, West Wing (men's restroom)
No appointment is necessary, but patrons can request an orientation to the technology by scheduling an appointment with a library staff member by calling (919) 515-7110.
- Enhanced Vision DaVinci Magnifier (video magnifier with text-to-speech)
- iOS devices with full access to accessibility features
Available in Group Study Rooms 2306, 3243, and 4512 (view reservation availability).
All public restrooms throughout the building are ADA-accessible.
The computers in the Design Library have screen-reading software installed.
Staff will assist getting materials from the shelves. Request books and media ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or ask at the service desk. NC State University Libraries patrons can also place holds in the catalog and have materials held at the desk.
An accessible women’s restroom is located at the north end of the second floor of Brooks Hall, on the same floor as the library. An accessible men’s restroom is located at the north end of the first floor of Brooks Hall. An accessible, unisex, single-occupancy restroom is located at the south end of the second floor of Brooks Hall, on the same floor as the library.
If you have questions or comments about the accessibility of the Natural Resources Library, please contact the staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (919) 515-2306. We welcome any feedback.
JAWS, a screen reading software, is installed on all of our Windows desktops. There is also a basic magnification device in the northwest corner of the library.
Staff are happy to retrieve materials directly from the shelves. Request books ahead of time by emailing email@example.com or ask at the service desk, and we will retrieve them within five minutes.
There are ADA-accessible men’s and women’s restrooms near the library on the first floor of Jordan Hall. The closest gender-inclusive, single-occupant, accessible restroom is next door on the first floor of Biltmore Hall, room 1011.
The Libraries is expanding the technology lending program to include some assistive devices, such as the C-Pen Reader.