Our Library of the Future Symposium
For library and higher education practitioners seeking a deeper exchange with staff involved in planning of the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, we offer a quarterly, day-and-a-half symposium, “Our Library of the Future.” This experience is designed for those planning renovation or building projects and includes in-depth tours of Hunt Library and the renovated spaces of the D.H. Hill Library, as well as sessions with library administrators and service providers. There is no charge to attend; however, registration is required.
In addition to tours of both the D. H. Hill Library and James B. Hunt Jr. Library, sessions may include:
- architecture and furnishings
- new technologies (large scale visualization spaces, a game lab, creativity studio, and makerspace)
- logistics and service implications of an automated storage and retrieval system for collections (the bookBot)
- service and staffing model planning that was required to open and operate the new library
- vision and cultural transformation to support innovation in building, renovation, and services
The next Symposium will be held Thursday, September 8 - Friday, September 9, 2016.
Please register through our online form.
If you have questions or would like to be notified of the dates of upcoming sympoium, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.