Our Library of the Future Symposium
For library and higher education practitioners seeking a deeper exchange with staff involved in planning of the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, we offer a quarterly, day-and-a-half symposium, “Our Library of the Future.” This experience is designed for those planning renovation or building projects and includes in-depth tours of Hunt Library and the renovated spaces of the D.H. Hill Library, as well as sessions with library administrators and service providers. There is no charge to attend; however, registration is required.
Spring 2016 Symposium: May 5 and 6
In addition to tours of both the D. H. Hill Library and James B. Hunt Jr. Library, sessions will include:
- architecture and furnishings
- new technologies (large scale visualization spaces, a game lab, creativity studio, and makerspace)
- logistics and service implications of an automated storage and retrieval system for collections (the bookBot)
- service and staffing model planning that was required to open and operate the new library
- vision and cultural transformation to support innovation in building, renovation, and servicees
There is still space available in the next symposium, which will be held May 5 and 6. Dates have not yet been set for future events, but the symposium is usually held quarterly.
Please register through our online form.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.