Our Library of the Future Symposium
For library and higher education practitioners seeking a deeper exchange with staff involved in planning of the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, we offer a quarterly, day-and-a-half symposium, “Our Library of the Future.” This experience is designed for those planning renovation or building projects and includes in-depth tours of Hunt Library and the renovated spaces of the D.H. Hill Library, as well as sessions with library administrators and service providers. There is no charge to attend; however, registration is required.
Fall 2015 Symposium: October 1 and 2
In addition to tours of both the D. H. Hill Library and James B. Hunt Jr. Library, sessions will include:
- architecture and furnishings
- new technologies (large scale visualization spaces, a game lab, creativity studio, and makerspace)
- logistics and service implications of an automated storage and retrieval system for collections (the bookBot)
- service and staffing model planning that was required to open and operate the new library
- vision and cultural transformation to support innovation in building, renovation, and servicees
There is still space available in the next symposium, which will be held October 1 and 2, 2015. Dates have not yet been set for future events.
If you have questions, or would like to attend this or a future symposium, please contact us at .