iPearl Immersion Theater with global geologic map of Mars
There are four large video walls built into the public spaces around the Hunt Library and a fifth in our Game Lab. These ultra high-definition displays, built with Christie MicroTiles technology, make Hunt a storytelling building, integrating architecture and digital media to facilitate exciting new forms of communication.
Have a content idea?
We curate a program of content for the video walls that is focused on demonstrating NC State's impact and welcome you to contribute to our permanent content portfolio.
- If you are interested in producing media for our video walls, send a description of your idea to .
- We do not display advertising for groups or events.
- Submissions are subject to the editorial review of the NCSU Libraries.
Use these resources to start making content for our video walls.
- Hunt Library Video Wall Guide with specifications and design guidelines
- Design content for our visualization spaces using these templates
- Schedule a technology consultation to get one-on-one help with learning media production software
- Christie's content production guidelines
- For video wall projects that require substantial processing power for renders, NCSU Libraries may be able to provide access to a render farm. Supported software includes After Effects, Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, Bunkspeed, and SolidWorks. For a consultation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you're ready to give us your content, please fill out this form to let us know.
Art Wall - The Libraries curates cutting-edge, large-scale data art to welcome visitors at the second floor entrance.
iPearl Immersion Theater - The Immersion Theater is Hunt’s premiere digital exhibit space. Play faculty- and student- created work from a touch panel. Walk up closely to examine image details or have a seat to let the experience soak in. Speakers in the ceiling provide voiceovers and soundtracks.
Commons Wall - Visible from two floors, and across from a Roman Stair for viewing, the Commons Wall is at the center of the library’s academic activity.
Visualization Wall - Located outside of the Teaching and Visualization Lab and near our Makerspace, the Visualization Wall's columnar arrangement presents a canvas that will appeal to the adventurous designer.