VML: Technology: Computing, Scanning, Printing, Copying and Phones
- The Computer Availability in the Veterinary Medicine Library website shows all of the Unity workstations in the Library. The majority are College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Unity workstations which NCSU patrons may use to access their Unity filespace and the full suite of Unity applications. All Unity workstations in the main reading room and conference rooms normally print using your AllCampus/OneCard balance to the Follow Me/A110-2 B&W printer in the current periodicals area. You may also select printers in the copier room: a110-1 for B&W or a110-color1 for color printing.
- Visitors may use the two guest library workstations in the Veterinary Medicine Library. These computers located next to the A110 copier room provide quick access to the internet, to the Libraries catalog and databases, and to some productivity software, but not Unity file access. Another quick lookup guest computer is located on the north side of the Service Desk. These computers are not connected to a printer--if you are not an NCSU affiliate using WolfPrint's "Web Print" on these or any other non-Unity computer, please ask for assistance.
- The VML has several PC and Mac laptops and tablet PCs available for loan through the Libraries' technology lending service. These laptops are equipped with the full suite of Microsoft Office applications, as well as web browsers and other basic applications and utilities.
- Wireless Computing is available in the library. This service provides wireless network access from one of our laptops or from your own laptop. For more information, see the NCSU Libraries' Connecting to Internet and Campus Network page.
- Laptop Computer Lab The A101 Multipurpose Room can be converted to a laptop computer lab for 24 participants. See laptop lab procedures for more information about reservations and setup.
Scanners (A110 Copier Room)
- Overhead Color and Greyscale Scanner - Zeutschel overhead scanner now located inside the copier room. Use a USB drive to download scans as PDF, JPG, or TIFF. Great for large or tightly bound materials. VML lends USB drives--ask at the Service Desk.
- Flatbed Scanner - Flatbed scanning workstation with document feeder - Epson GT20000 scans up to 11.7x17. Log into your Unity account to scan materials.
All Unity printing is serviced by WolfPrint. The fees are $0.06 per page for black and white printing and $0.25 for each page of color printing. Larger print jobs can be arranged through Wolf XPpress Print and Copy Services.
You need a positive balance in your AllCampus/OneCard account in order to print to printers in the library. You can check your print quota at http://print.ncsu.edu and use a credit card on that site to add value to your account online. There is a $2.00 service charge for adding value online to the card. Value may also be added with check by mail or in person via cash or check at the Wolfpack One Card Office in the lobby of Talley Student Center weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m..
There are two ways to print from Unity computers in the Veterinary Medicine Library.
Send your print job to the virtual FollowMe printer (select WolfPrint-BlackandWhite). At any FollowMe printer, swipe your ID (or enter your unity ID/Password) to login and retrieve your print job. At CVM, the printer labeled “FollowMe" is located in VML in the current journal aisle. FollowME Frequently Asked Questions
Send your print job to a specific printer, vet-a110-1 and vet-a110-color1 are the two printers in the A110 copier room. There is also the TC1551 printer in the 24-hour computer lab in the hallway between the Terry Center and the Health & Wellness Center. If you select these printers, your print job will be awaiting you at that printer’s location.
If you have any questions specifically about printing in the Veterinary Medicine Library, please visit or call the service desk (919-513-6218) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For guest/non-NCSU printing, ask us at the Service Desk.
There are two machines capable of copying at the Veterinary Medicine Library. NCSU faculty/staff/students can use the value on their AllCampus card to copy using the Follow Me printer/copier in the Current Journals/VETS aisle. In the A110 copier room, there is a single black and white full-featured photocopier in the Veterinary Medicine Library. It is capable of reducing and enlarging copies, making double-sided copies, and copying onto transparencies at 8.5"x11" and 8.5"x14" at .10 per copy. The copier is owned and maintained by WolfCopy, and run on the WolfCopy card system.
- With a WolfCopy card. Copies made with a WolfCopy card are .10 cents per page. [Note: The WolfCopy card reader will be going away in Summer 2015.]
- With your All-Campus Card (ID card), only if you have had it specifically encoded for WolfCopy copying at the West Dunn Building.
- Coin-operated copying and color copying are not available.
Report problems with copiers or your copy card to the library service desk. You will need to know the approximate value on your card. Please write your name on your card--ask for a permanent marker at the service desk.
For guest/non-NCSU copying, ask us at the Service Desk.
Phones and Conferencing
There is a house phone in the Copier Room A110 (919-513-6402) that you can use to return pages, calls to internal NCSU phone numbers starting with the third digit of the number, and local calls (dial 7-1-area code). If your call is urgent and to an outside number, please ask for assistance at the service desk.
You may use your cell phones in the Library as long as you are not disturbing others. Keep in mind that you may need to close doors or exit the library to maintain privacy for your discussion.
Skype for computer phone conferencing is available on the computers in A104 and A109 and Libraries' laptops only. You can borrow a heapdhones with a microphone or a room microphone at the service desk. There is an audio phone landline for conferencing in A109 and A103 that can be used with the VML's videoconferencing phone by special arrangement. There is a portable videoconferencing system in A103.
The Vet Med Library lends a variety of devices, including the following items currently at our service desk. Loan periods vary. Please make sure you ask about the loan period.
- PC laptops/tablets and Mac laptops (4 hrs)
- Headphones with and without microphones (4 hrs)
- Room Yeti microphone for group computer conferencing
- USB Drives
- Digital Voice Recorders
- Laser Pointers
- Projection Remote
- Flip Videorecorders
- Digital Camera
- Tripods (7-day loan)
- GPS Unit (2-week loan)
- Scientific Calculators
- Portable Projector
- Dongle connectors for attaching Mac laptop or iPads to projector through VGA or HDMI
- Portable external hard drive
- Other technology items such as Kindle book readers and videocameras can be requested from the D.H. Hill Library on main campus to be sent over to Vet Med for your use--see the list of items.
- Tell us what else you need.