The Veterinary Medicine Library Staff is happy to help you prepare to present or publish. We support you in reviewing the literature, tracking down materials, managing references, identifying meetings or journals through which to disseminate your work, and providing resources for creating effective presentations and publications.
Preparing to Publish
- The Essentials of Manuscript Preparation (Power Point Presentation) - Thierry Olivry, DrVet, PhD, NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine, given June 27, 2012
- Bibliographic Management Software: The Library provides the web-based RefWorks program. We can also help with EndNote and EndNoteWeb or Zotero.
- Finding Impact Factors: Journal Citation Reports
- Author's Rights - NCSU Libraries Copyright & Digital Scholarship Center
Preparing to Present
- The Essentials of Oral Abstract Presentation (pdf) - Jody Gookin, DVM, PhD, NCSU College of Veterinary Medicine, given June 6, 2012
Poster Design, Production, and Presentation
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations - NCSU. A site "intended to help poster presenters avoid common problems that will obscure their messages."
- The Open Repository for Posters and Slides - Faculty of 1000. Browse posters or slides in the biomedical sciences by topic or by conference.
- Poster Layout (Word document). Tutorial by Herman Berkhoff, Technology Support Specialist at the NCSU Libraries. Uses full color examples to teach the viewer how to analyze the effectiveness of a poster's design and layout. Also includes some basic poster production tips.
- A Digital Media Lab and large-format plotter printing are available in the Learning Commons at NCSU's D.H. Hill Library.
- Logos and official colors - Download print-quality NC State general logos. Review official colors and other general NCSU images. For College of Veterinary Medicine logos, visit Graphic Assistance from Educational Media & Design at NCSU CVM.
Writing and Speaking
Visit the VML's CVM Instruction Support page for other educational materials.
Contact Veterinary Medicine Library Staff for support with exploring any of the resources mentioned above, or other questions you might have.