American College of Veterinary Nutrition
Contact NCSU CVM Nutrition for information about residency or internship possibilities. Many animal nutrition courses are taught in the NCSU Animal Science Department in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences.
|Books||Nutrition Articles in Journals|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Brody T. - Nutritional Biochemistry. [also available as online book]
- Stipanuk MH. - Biochemical and Physiological Aspects of Human Nutrition. 2nd ed. Title is Biochemical, physiological, & molecular aspects of human nutrition. [3rd. ed. 2013 available]
- Will's - Biochemical Basis of Medicine
- Harper's - Illustrated Biochemistry (29th ed. 2012) [online book of 28th ed. available]
- Kaneko, Harvey and Bruss: Clinical Biochemistry of Domestic Animals [also available as online book]
- Alberts- Molecular Biology of the Cell
- Guyton - Textbook of Medical physiology.
- Ganong - Review of Medical Physiology (24 ed., 2012) [23rd ed. 2010 available as online book].
- Shils, et al. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease (10th ed) [11th ed. 2014 also avaialble]
- Hand, Thatcher, Remillard and Roudebush - SACN (Small Animal Clinical Nutrition)
- Buffington, Abood and Holloway - Vet Dietetics (Manual of Veterinary Dietetics)
- Rombeau, John L., MD, Rolandelli, Rolando H., MD Clinical Nutrition Parenteral Nutrition
- Most recent NRC publication: multiple species | see Nutrient requirements of dogs and cats
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Veterinary Clinical Nutrition from 1994-1999- Content appears to be online labeled as "Download Rules and Regulations (PDF)"
- Journal of Nutrition
- Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- FASEB Journal
Search the catalog for veterinary nutrition resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Website updated 1/22/2014.