American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
|Periodicals and Journals||Texts|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- JAVMA: Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Veterinary Clinics of North America
- Veterinary Surgery
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine
- JAAHA: Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association
- Compendium: Continuing Education for Veterinarians - Register for free online access for veterinarians by clicking on "Subscribe or Renew."
- Equine Veterinary Journal
- Veterinary Medicine
- Anesthesia and Analgesia
- British Journal of Anaesthesia - Library does not have current year - read abstracts online and request individual articles free through Tripsaver Interlibrary Loan.
- Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica (on reading list as Acta Anesthesia Scandinavia)
- ASA Refresher Courses - available online for purchase
- Guyton, Arthur C., Hall, John E. Textbook of medical physiology. 11th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2006.
- Cunningham, James G. Textbook of Veterinary Physiology. 4th ed., W.B. Saunders Company. 2007.
- Respiratory Physiology: the Essentials, West, 8th ed. Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2008.
- Pulmonary pathophysiology: the essentials. John B. West. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- William J. Tranquilli, John C. Thurmon, Kurt A. Grimm. Lumb & Jones' veterinary anesthesia and analgesia. 4th ed. Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Pub., 2007.
- Muir, William W., Hubbell John A.E. Equine Anesthesia: Monitoring and Emergency Therapy. 2nd ed. 2009.
- Paddleford, Robert R. Manual of Small Animal Anesthesia. 2nd ed. W.B. Saunders. 1998.
- Muir, WW, Hubbell, J, Skarda, R, Bednardski R. Handbook of veterinary anesthesia. 4th ed. Mosby. 2007.
- Hall, L.W., Clarke, K.W., Trim, C.M. Veterinary Anaesthesia. 10th ed. W.B. Saunders. 2001. (11th ed., 2014 available)
- Taylor, PM, Clarke, KW. Handbook of Equine Anaesthesia. 2nd ed. W. B. Saunders. 2007.
- Hall, L.W., Taylor, P.M. Anaesthesia of the Cat. Bailliere Tindall. 1994.
- DiBartola, Stephen P. Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders in small animal practice. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2008.
- Martin, Lawrence. All you really need to know to interpret arterial gases. 2nd ed. Williams and Wilkins, 1999.
- Wall and Melzack's textbook of pain. 5th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone, 2006.
- Stoelting's anesthesia and co-existing disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone, 2008.
- Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy. 14th ed. Williams and Wilkins. 2009.
- Stoelting, Robert K. Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice. 4th ed. Williams and Wilkins. 2006.
- Shapiro, Barry A; Harrison, Ronald A; Cane, Roy D; Templin, Rozanna. Clinical Application of Blood Gases. 5th ed. Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc. 1994. Library has 4th ed. 1989. Borrow 5th ed. through Tripsaver Interlibrary Loan.
- Lumb, Andrew B; Nunn, J.F. Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology. 6th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2005.
- Understanding anesthesia equipment: construction, care, and complications. Jerry A. Dorsch, Susan E. Dorsch. 5th ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- Goodman & Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th Ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Slatter, Douglas. Textbook of Small Animal Surgery. 3rd ed. Saunders. 2003.
- Ettinger, Stephen J., Feldman, Edward C. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 6th ed. W. B. Saunders. 2005.
- Miller, R.D. Anesthesia. 7th ed. Churchill Livingstone. 2010. [8th ed. 2015 also available]
- Parbrook, G.D. Basic physics and measurement in anaesthesia. 5th ed. Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003. Library also has 2nd ed. 1986.
Search the catalog for additional anesthesia resources available at NCSU Libraries.
ACVA Suggested Reading List is no longer online. Web page updated 2/10/14.