American College of Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
|Periodicals and Journals||Texts|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia
- JAVMA: Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Journal of Veterinary Research
- Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Veterinary Clinics of North America
- Veterinary Surgery
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine
- JAAHA: Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association
- Compendium: Continuing Education for Veterinarians
- Equine Veterinary Journal
- Veterinary Medicine
- Anesthesia and Analgesia
- British Journal of Anaesthesia - Library does not have current year - read abstracts online and request individual articles free through Tripsaver Interlibrary Loan.
- Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica (on reading list as Acta Anesthesia Scandinavia)
- ASA Refresher Courses - available online for purchase
- Guyton, Arthur C., Hall, John E. Textbook of medical physiology. 11th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2006.
- Cunningham, James G. Textbook of Veterinary Physiology. 4th ed., W.B. Saunders Company. 2007.
- Respiratory Physiology: the Essentials, West, 8th ed. Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2008.
- Pulmonary pathophysiology: the essentials. John B. West. 7th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- William J. Tranquilli, John C. Thurmon, Kurt A. Grimm. Lumb & Jones' veterinary anesthesia and analgesia. 4th ed. Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Pub., 2007.
- Muir, William W., Hubbell John A.E. Equine Anesthesia: Monitoring and Emergency Therapy. 2nd ed. 2009.
- Paddleford, Robert R. Manual of Small Animal Anesthesia. 2nd ed. W.B. Saunders. 1998.
- Muir, WW, Hubbell, J, Skarda, R, Bednardski R. Handbook of veterinary anesthesia. 4th ed. Mosby. 2007.
- Hall, L.W., Clarke, K.W., Trim, C.M. Veterinary Anaesthesia. 10th ed. W.B. Saunders. 2001. (11th ed., 2014 available)
- Taylor, PM, Clarke, KW. Handbook of Equine Anaesthesia. 2nd ed. W. B. Saunders. 2007.
- Hall, L.W., Taylor, P.M. Anaesthesia of the Cat. Bailliere Tindall. 1994.
- DiBartola, Stephen P. Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base disorders in small animal practice. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2008.
- Martin, Lawrence. All you really need to know to interpret arterial gases. 2nd ed. Williams and Wilkins, 1999.
- Wall and Melzack's textbook of pain. 5th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone, 2006.
- Stoelting's anesthesia and co-existing disease. 5th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Churchill Livingstone, 2008.
- Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy. 14th ed. Williams and Wilkins. 2009.
- Stoelting, Robert K. Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice. 4th ed. Williams and Wilkins. 2006. [5th ed. 2014 also available]
- Shapiro, Barry A; Harrison, Ronald A; Cane, Roy D; Templin, Rozanna. Clinical Application of Blood Gases. 5th ed. Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc. 1994. Library has 4th ed. 1989. Borrow 5th ed. through Tripsaver Interlibrary Loan.
- Lumb, Andrew B; Nunn, J.F. Nunn's Applied Respiratory Physiology. 6th ed. Philadelphia : Elsevier/Butterworth Heinemann, 2005.
- Understanding anesthesia equipment: construction, care, and complications. Jerry A. Dorsch, Susan E. Dorsch. 5th ed. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- Goodman & Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th Ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Slatter, Douglas. Textbook of Small Animal Surgery. 3rd ed. Saunders. 2003.
- Ettinger, Stephen J., Feldman, Edward C. Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 6th ed. W. B. Saunders. 2005.
- Miller, R.D. Anesthesia. 7th ed. Churchill Livingstone. 2010. [8th ed. 2015 also available]
- Parbrook, G.D. Basic physics and measurement in anaesthesia. 5th ed. Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003. Library also has 2nd ed. 1986.
Search the catalog for additional anesthesia resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
ACVA Suggested Reading List is no longer online. Web page updated 4/7/15.