American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
Visit the CVM Internships and Residencies Page for more information about training at NCSU in these focus areas.
|General Exam||Large Animal Internal Medicine||Small Animal Internal Medicine|
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Reading List for the General Exam is no longer listed on the ACVIM website. contact the ACVIM for more info. Here are items that were on the list in previous years:
|Monographs General (Small & Large)||Journals General (Small & Large)|
|Monographs: Small Animal Internal Medicine||Monographs: Large Animal Internal Medicine|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Duncan & Prasse's veterinary laboratory medicine: clinical pathology. Kenneth S. Latimer, Edward A. Mahaffey, Keith W. Prasse. 5th ed. Ames, Iowa: Iowa State Press, 2011.
- Guyton and Hall textbook of medical physiology. John E. Hall. 12th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2011.
- Plumb's veterinary drug handbook. Donald C. Plumb, 7th ed. Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Publishing, 2011.
- Respiratory physiology: the essentials. John B. West. 9th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2012.
- Boothe, DM. Small Animal Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2nd ed. Elsevier, 2012.
- Veterinary immunology: an introduction. Ian R. Tizard. 8th, ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2009. [9th ed. 2012 also available]
- Veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology. Alexander de Lahunta. 3rd eds, Philadelphia: Saunder/Elsevier, 2009. [also available as online book]
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Review articles and ACVIM Consensus Statements, 2005-2011 previous five years ONLY)
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Ettinger, 7th, 2010)
- Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. Greene, 4th ed .2012
- Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. Stephen J. Withrow, David M. Vail. 5th. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders Elsevier, 2013.
- Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIII and XIV [also available as online book].
- Current therapy in equine medicine, 6th. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 2009.
- Veterinary medicine: a textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, and horses. O.M. Radostits, et al. 10th ed. New York: Elsevier Saunders, 2007.
- Large animal internal medicine. Bradford P. Smith. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 2009.
- Equine internal medicine. Stephen M. Reed, Warwick M. Bayly, Debra C. Sellon. 3nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; London: W.B. Saunders, 2010. [2nd ed. available as online book]
- Current veterinary therapy : food animal practice. 5th, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2007. [also available as online book].
Search the catalog for additional internal medicine resources available at NCSU Libraries.
Site checked for lists 7/2/2014