Visit the CVM Internships and Residencies Page for more information about training at NCSU in these focus areas.
|General Exam||Large Animal Internal Medicine||Small Animal Internal Medicine|
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Reading List for the General Exam is no longer listed on the ACVIM website. contact the ACVIM for more info. Here are items that were on the list in 2008:
|Monographs Small & Large||Journals Small & Large|
|Monographs: Small Animal Internal Medicine||Monographs: Large Animal Internal Medicine|
|Library Tips||More Info|
- Textbook of medical physiology. Arthur C. Guyton, John E. Hall. 11th ed. Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2006.
- Review of medical physiology, William Ganong. 23rd ed. [ONLINE BOOK] New York, McGraw Hill Medical. 2010. Previous edition (2005) available in hard copy.
- Veterinary immunology: an introduction. Ian R. Tizard. 8th, ed. Philadelphia: Saunders, 2009.
- Plumb's veterinary drug handbook. Donald C. Plumb, 6th ed. Ames, Iowa: Blackwell Publishing, 2008.
- Clinical physiology of acid-base and electrolyte disorders. Burton David Rose, Theodore W. Post. 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, Medical Pub. Division, 2001.
- Veterinary neuroanatomy and clinical neurology. Alexander de Lahunta. 3rd eds, Philadelphia: Saunder/Elsevier, 2009. [also available as online book]
- Handbook of veterinary neurology. Michael D. Lorenz, Joe N. Kornegay. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: W.B. Saunders, 2004.
- Respiratory physiology: the essentials. John B. West. 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008.
- Veterinary clinical epidemiology. Ronald D. Smith. 3rd ed. Boca Raton: CRC/Taylor & Francis, 2006.
- Duncan & Prasse's veterinary laboratory medicine: clinical pathology. Kenneth S. Latimer, Edward A. Mahaffey, Keith W. Prasse. 4th ed. Ames, Iowa: Iowa State Press, 2003.
- Essentials of veterinary hematology. Nemi C. Jain. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1993.
- Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Review articles ONLY, previous five years)
- Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Ettinger, 7th, 2010) also 6th (2005) editions
- Current Veterinary Therapy: Small Animal Practice, XIII and XIV (Kirk and Bonagura; 1995, 2008)
- Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat (Greene, 3rd edition, 2005)
- Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology. Stephen J. Withrow, David M. Vail. 4th. St. Louis, Mo.: Saunders Elsevier, 2007. [also available as online book] [5th ed. 2013 also available]
- Canine and feline endocrinology and reproduction. Edward C. Feldman, Richard W. Nelson. 2nd and 3rd, St. Louis: W.B. Saunders, 1996, 2004.
- Canine and feline nephrology and urology. Carl A. Osborne, Delmar R. Finco. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1995.
- Textbook of canine and feline cardiology: principles and clinical practice. 2nd,. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1999.
- Small animal clinical nutrition. Hand, et al. 5th ed. Topeka, Kan.: Mark Morris Institute, 2010.
- DiBartola SP: Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Disorders, 3rd ed., St. Louis, Elsevier Saunders, 2006 [also available as online book]
- Current therapy in equine medicine, 6th. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 2009.
- Veterinary medicine: a textbook of the diseases of cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, and horses. O.M. Radostits, et al. 10th ed. New York: Elsevier Saunders, 2007.
- Large animal internal medicine. Bradford P. Smith. 4th ed. St. Louis: Mosby, 2009.
- Equine internal medicine. Stephen M. Reed, Warwick M. Bayly, Debra C. Sellon. 3nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; London: W.B. Saunders, 2010. [2nd ed. available as online book]
- Current veterinary therapy : food animal practice. 5th, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2007. [also available as online book].
Search the catalog for additional internal medicine resources available at NCSU Libraries.