American College of Poultry Veterinarians
|Journals||Books||Slides and CDs|
|Library Tips||More Info||Miscellaneous Materials|
PubMed search link to all ACPV "Refereed Journals"
(Use PubMed's Publication dates: "Custom Range..." option on the left to enter the years you need to review for your exam.)
- Swayne, D. (2013). Diseases of Poultry 13th Edition. (online only) Ames, Iowa: Wiley-Blackwell Earlier editions and/or similar textbooks may also be of value.
- Dufour-Zavala, L. (2008). A Laboratory Manual for the Isolation, Identification, and Characterization of Avian Pathogens 5th Edition. Jacksonville, FL: American Association of Avian Pathologists
- Fletcher, O. (2008). Avian Histopathology, 3rd Edition. Jacksonville, FL: American Association of Avian Pathologists
- Owen, R. (2011). A Practical Guide for Managing Risk in Poultry Production. Jacksonville, FL: American Association of Avian Pathologists
- http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/conted/avian.html (relocated to https://cvm.ncsu.edu/education/continuing-education/online/avian-pathology/) Virtual slides and gross pathology plus other avian pathology online course material.
- Slide/CD study sets published by the AAAP. http://www.aaap.info/slides
Miscellaneous materials and links for information on regulations, best management practices, and welfare guidelines.
- AAAP Animal Welfare Committee Poultry Paw Welfare Sub-Committee Final Report, Sept. 2, 2008 [Library does not have access - visit AAAP members-only content at http://www.aaap.info/animal-welfare]
- Links for the NPIP, NCC, NTF, AEB and FDA:
Search the catalog for additional poultry resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
Web page updated 7/20/2016.