American Board of Veterinary Practitioners: Food Animal Practice Study & Reading Guide
Related residency and internship programs at NCSU CVM:
- Ruminant Health and Reproductive Management Internship
- Ruminant Health Management Residency
- Ruminant Theriogenology Residency
|Library Tips||More Info|
Successful Food Animal candidates have suggested a list of texts, periodicals, and continuing education opportunities that have been found to be useful.
- Veterinary Medicine – Radostits, Blood, Gay
- Large Animal Internal Medicine – Smith
- Current Veterinary Therapy : Food Animal Practice – Howard [also available as online book (5th ed)]
- Diseases of Swine - Leman, Straw, et al
- Diseases of Sheep - Kimberling
- Goat Medicine - Smith and Sherman
- Current Therapy in Theriogenology – Morrow
- Theriogenology (aka Veterinary Obstetrics and Genital Diseases) - Roberts
- Herd Health: Food Animal Production Medicine – Radostits, Leslie & Fetrow
PubMed search link to all ABVP Food Animal Practice "Periodicals" EXCEPT AABP Publications and Proceedsing: National Mastitis Council
(Use PubMed's Publication dates: "Custom Range..." option on the left to enter the years you need to review for your exam.)
- Compendium on Continuing Education
- Veterinary Clinics of North America: Food Animal Practice
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association
- AABP publications:
- Proceedings: National Mastitis Council
- Veterinary Medicine
Questions on the examination may be taken from sources other than this list.
Search the catalog for additional food animal resources available at NCSU Libraries.
“This is only a convenience copy of the reading list to help find copies of reading materials in the NCSU Libraries. It does not replace the official reading list. Candidates are responsible for ensuring they use the latest reading list.”
Contact the ABVP for the current Practice Study & Reading Guide.