VML: Reserving a Room in the Library
The Veterinary Medicine Library (VML) has several types of reservable spaces as well as non-reservable spaces for your studying and meeting needs.
You can check room availability and make reservations online at http://emsv.oit.ncsu.edu/EMSVET/BrowseEvents.aspx. In the library, check the scheduler on the public workstation at the VML service desk. Reservations can be made up to one business day before the intended use.
Please be courteous about keeping these shared spaces clean and do not leave your personal belongings in rooms between uses. For technical support with the computers in these rooms, contact CVM Computing Resources at 919-513-6677 ext. 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve one of these rooms online at http://emsv.oit.ncsu.edu/EMSVET/BrowseEvents.aspx. Indicate if you will be needing the portable videoconferencing equipment normally housed in A103. Skype is on A104/A109 and library PC lending laptops.
- A103 Conference Room- rectangular table seats 12-18. Built in ceiling projector. Permanent PC computer with wireless keyboard/mouse. Laptop connection available. Polycom videoconference unit. VCR. Radiograph light box on wall. Permanent whiteboard.
- A104 Veterinary History Room - round table seats 4-6. Built in display screen and permanent PC computer with wireless keyboard/mouse, VCR in computer cabinet. Can also connect with your laptop. If video connection is needed for web conferencing from the desktop, ask to borrow the portable webcam. Bring in a portable whiteboard if needed.
- A109 Conference Room - oval table seats 10-12. Permanent whiteboard wall. Built in display screen, permanent PC computer with wireless keyboard/mouse, VCR in computer cabinet. Can also connect with your laptop. If video connection is needed for web conferencing from the desktop, ask to borrow the portable webcam.
- A101 Multipurpose Classroom/Laptop Computer Lab (rear west corner) - existing setup seats 50. Other setups are possible with 2 day advance notice. Full length whiteboard wall and ceiling projector with permanent PC and laptop connection through A/V control system. Also can be used as a computer lab with laptops for 24. See laptop lab procedures. Requests for A101 that involve furniture or setup changes, or the use of the 24 laptops should be transmitted to the Library in addition to the room scheduling personnel.
Group Study Rooms
- A105 or A106 or A107 or A108
- Seats 4. Whiteboard wall. Built in display screen and permanent desktop computer with wireless keyboard/mouse. Can also connect with your laptop.
- These rooms are not reserveable except by Student Services for testing or other academic purposes approved by Student Services. Reserve one of these rooms by contacting Student Services.
- First come, first served. Groups have priority and may ask an individual to relocate.
Individual Study Rooms
First come, first served. Can be reserved by Student Services for testing or other academic purposes approved by Student Services. Reserve one of these rooms by contacting Student Services.
- A121 - A126. Seats 1. Desktop computer.
Room Availability and Other Areas
The computer availability map can give you some indication of whether a room is in use based on the technology being in use. Non-reservable meeting/study areas in the library include:
- Round tent structure at the north end of the library - seats 6. Built in display screen and permanent desktop computer with wireless keyboard/mouse. Blu-ray player drive. Laptop connection. Whiteboard on wall.
- Create your own group meeting space with one of the mobile technology carts. Cart #1 and Cart #3 contain VCRs. For audio, there are infrared audio outputs that can be sent to infrared units available for check out at the Service Desk so that you can plug your headphone into the infrared unit and not have to be so close to the machine.
Other Computing Spaces in the CVM
Outside the Library, there is a 24/7 computer/study room located in room TC 1551, which is off the lower corridor that connects the Terry Center and Main Building. It houses 12 wired computers, a Wolfcopy black and white printer, and two large tables. Your CVM AllCampus card is required to access the doorways to the hallway.
Questions about the rooms not answered by the CVM Room Reservation Policies? Contact us at or call (919)513-6218. For technical support with the computers in these rooms, contact CVM Computing Resources at 919-513-6677 ext. 2 or email email@example.com.