Public & Environmental Health
PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Subjects covered include all aspects of clinical medicine (diseases and disorders, diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and equipment), basic biomedical sciences (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, pharmacology, etc.), the health care system (facilities, manpower, services, administration), dentistry, nursing, and clinical psychology. MEDLINE may be used to find information on diagnosis, etiology, therapy, and prevention of diseases and disorders; on research in basic science fields relating to medicine; and on biomedical technology and its applications. MEDLINE may be searched by author, medical subject heading, or text words from the title or abstract of the article. MEDLINE is produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The Literature Selection Technical Review Committee (LSTRC), an advisory committee of experts chartered by the National Institutes of Health, advises NLM on the journals that should be included in the database. The American Journal of Nursing Company selects and indexes additional nursing journals and the American Dental Association selects and indexes additional dental journals for inclusion in MEDLINE.
Coverage: 1981-current. This database provides the latest perspectives on topics of widespread concern such as aviation and aerospace safety, environmental safety, nuclear safety, and medical safety.
Provides full text from over 250 periodicals covering nutrition, exercise, medical self-care, drugs and alcohol, etc. Also provides full text for over 1,000 pamphlets and 19 books. Coverage: indexing and abstracts, 1984- ; full text, 1990- .
This free-of-charge search interface provides access to the TOXNET system of databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas, including CCRIS, ChemlDplus, DART/ETIC, EMIC, GENE-TOX, HSDB, HSDB, structures, IRIS, NCI-3D, TOXLINE, TRI.
- AIDS & cancer research - (description)
- Calcium and calcified tissue abstracts - (description)
- CTD, comparative toxicogenomics database - (description)
- Pubget - (description)
- Risk abstracts - (description)
- Toxicology abstracts database - (description)
- TOXLINE (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - (description)
- Web of Science - (description)
- American Public Health Association
- National Environmental Health Association
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- World Health Organization
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Environmental Protection Agency
- North Carolina Division of Public Health