Includes over 15 million citations for biomedical articles back to 1947. These citations are from MEDLINE and additional life science journals. Includes links to many sites providing full text articles and other related resources.
Issued as a part of the ISI Web of Knowledge, the database covers original research reports and reviews in biological and biomedical areas. Coverage includes traditional areas of biology such as botany, zoology, and microbiology, as well as related fields such as biomedical, agriculture, pharmacology, and ecology. Also included are interdisciplinary fields such as medicine, biochemistry, biophysics, bioengineering, and biotechnology. The database covers content summaries, books, meeting abstracts, papers, and posters. BIOSIS also combines the content from Biological Abstracts and Biological Abstracts/RRM.
The database contains bibliographic citations and author abstracts for articles from approximately 3900 current biomedical journals covering the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences.
Multidisciplinary index to the journal literature of the sciences. Covers 3300 major journals across 100 scientific disciplines. Has searchable author abstracts. Can view article bibliographies and search cited references and authors.
- AGRICOLA - (description)
- CAB abstracts - (description)
- CAB abstracts archive - (description)
- Calcium and calcified tissue abstracts - (description)
- Chemoreception abstracts - (description)
- Conference papers index - (description)
- CSA neurosciences abstracts (Article Database) - (description)
- Encyclopedia of life sciences (Article Database) - (description)
- Immunology abstracts - (description)
- Pubget - (description)
- TOXLINE (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - (description)
- Zoological record - (description)