PubMed comprises more than 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
Subjects covered include all aspects of clinical medicine (diseases and disorders, diagnostic and therapeutic techniques and equipment), basic biomedical sciences (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, pharmacology, etc.), the health care system (facilities, manpower, services, administration), dentistry, nursing, and clinical psychology. MEDLINE may be used to find information on diagnosis, etiology, therapy, and prevention of diseases and disorders; on research in basic science fields relating to medicine; and on biomedical technology and its applications. MEDLINE may be searched by author, medical subject heading, or text words from the title or abstract of the article. MEDLINE is produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The Literature Selection Technical Review Committee (LSTRC), an advisory committee of experts chartered by the National Institutes of Health, advises NLM on the journals that should be included in the database. The American Journal of Nursing Company selects and indexes additional nursing journals and the American Dental Association selects and indexes additional dental journals for inclusion in MEDLINE.
"CDC Stacks is a free, digital archive of scientific research and literature produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This online archive is composed of curated collections tailored for public health research needs. This repository is retained indefinitely and is available for public health professionals, researchers, as well as the general public. CDC Stacks provides access to current CDC research and literature such as the Open Access Collection. In addition, CDC Stacks offers a historical perspective that was previously not available, such as the first 30 volumes of the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. As a fully-featured repository, CDC stacks provides the ability to search the full text of all documents, browse journal articles by public health subjects, and explore the curated collections of documents on relevant topics. Additional collections and ongoing additions to existing collections are planned for the future."--About US page caption.
Provides full text from over 250 periodicals covering nutrition, exercise, medical self-care, drugs and alcohol, etc. Also provides full text for over 1,000 pamphlets and 19 books. Coverage: indexing and abstracts, 1984- ; full text, 1990- .
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. See Web of Science Training Materials.
- AIDS & cancer research - (description)
- Algology, mycology & protozoology abstracts - (description)
- Bacteriology abstracts (Microbiology B) - (description)
- BIOSIS previews - (description)
- CAB abstracts - (description)
- CAB abstracts archive - (description)
- Calcium and calcified tissue abstracts - (description)
- Conference papers index - (description)
- CSA neurosciences abstracts (Article Database) - (description)
- CTD, comparative toxicogenomics database - (description)
- Genetics abstracts database - (description)
- Health and safety science abstracts - (description)
- Human genome abstracts - (description)
- Immunology abstracts - (description)
- NC State University Safety Data Sheets (SDS) Management System - (description)
- Oncogenes and growth factors abstracts - (description)
- Pubget - (description)
- Toxicology abstracts database - (description)
- TOXLINE (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - (description)