Communication & Media
Searchable database provides abstracts,indexing, and full-text content from publications worldwide pertaining to communication, linguistics, rhetoric and discourse, speech-language pathology, media studies, and related fields. Includes coverage of over 1,000 core titles and features full-text for more than 600 active periodicals.
"Film & Television Literature Index is the definitive index to film and television literature. It is a bibliographic database that provides cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 300 publications, and selected coverage of 300 more. The database has been designed for use by a diverse audience that includes film scholars, college students, and general viewers." --- database description (viewed 11 September2007). Covers journal and magazine titles for film and television reviews, scholarly and critical analysis of cinema and television, and articles of popular interest about film and television. About half the journals and magazines are film periodicals and the other half cover film and television with some regularity. Subject coverage includes film & television theory, preservation & restoration, writing, production, cinematography, technical aspects, and reviews.
- America's historical newspapers - (description)
- Arts & humanities citation index - (description)
- Biography and genealogy master index - (description)
- LexisNexis Academic - (description)
- Linguistics & language behavior abstracts - (description)
- MLA international bibliography - (description)
- Project Muse - (description)
- ProQuest historical newspapers. The New York times - (description)
- PsycINFO - (description)
- Television news archive - (description)