Use SciFinder to find chemistry-related literature, patents, and substance and reaction data. By default, SciFinder searches both the CAPlus (Chemical Abstracts) database and MEDLINE. Provides various options for structure and substructure searching. Note: Requires individual registration and login. See SciFinder Training Materials.
Use Reaxys to obtain checked physico-chemical data, preparation/reaction methods for pure compounds, and literature and patent references. Includes the Beilstein database (near-comprehensive coverage of pre-1960 organic literature), the Gmelin database (inorganic chemistry), and Elsevier's Patent Chemistry Database. Reaxys allows searching for substances by chemical name or by structure, as well as for single and multi-step reactions. See Reaxys Training Materials
ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing access to over 30 million structures, properties and associated information. It integrates data from over 470 data sources and adds additional properties, related information and links back to original data sources. ChemSpider offers text and structure searching. It is owned by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
A structure drawing suite to draw accurate, chemically-aware structures for use in database queries, preparation of publication-quality graphics, and entry for modeling and other programs that require an electronic description of molecules and reactions as well as advanced prediction tools and full Web integration using the ChemDraw ActiveX/Plugin. It also provides a drawing tool for biological pathways and includes common pathway elements (membranes, DNA, enzymes, receptors, etc.) as well as the ability to import other elements using the integrated power of ChemDraw's chemical intelligence.
The Derwent Innovations Index, available through the ISI Web of Knowledge interface, is a Web-accessible product that merges the Derwent World Patents Index with the Derwent Patents Citation Index. It provides access to more than 14,800,000 patents with links to cited and citing patents, cited articles, and full-text patent data sources. This resource gives users a comprehensive and international overview of inventions in three categories: chemical, electrical and electronic, and engineering. (Learn More)
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. See Web of Science Training Materials.
- Cambridge structural database system - (description)
- Chemoreception abstracts - (description)
- Conference papers index - (description)
- History of science, technology, and medicine - (description)
- Knovel scientific and engineering databases - (description)
- Knovel solvents - (description)
- MEDLINE (1950 - present) - (description)
- Merck index online - (description)
- NC State University MSDS Management System - (description)
- NIST chemistry webbook - (description)
- PubChem - (description)
- PubMed - (description)
- SciTech connect - (description)
- Sigma-Aldrich - (description)
- SpringerMaterials - (description)
- Toxicology abstracts database - (description)
- TOXLINE (Cambridge Scientific Abstracts) - (description)