Special Collections Research Center Teacher Resources: Lesson Guides
Each lesson guide focuses on a particular topic and time period relating to North Carolina. Included in each guide are the grade level they are intended to be used for and the Common Core standards it matches with.
- Pesticide Use, 1930s-1970s
- Rural Housing, 1930s-1950s
- Technology in Agriculture
- Tobacco Harvesting, 1945-1970
- Vegetables as Crops, 1960-2012
Each of the lesson plans below were developed in partnership with the College of Education and NCSU Libraries. They include primary resources, some background information, classroom activities and links to the Common Core.
- After Five Years, What?
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread
- The Public Must Understand Agriculture
- Twenty-Twenty Vision - What Every Rural Development Worker Needs
Are you using these materials in your classroom? If so, please let us know by emailing us here!Return to home.