Carl Alwin Schenck Collection Photograph Series
Logging Operations - Wyoming
This folder contains one image of a cutting area in the Bighorn National Forest. The photograph is not dated.
- Logging Operations - Wyoming
- Call Number
- MC 35
- 1 Kallitypes
- For current information on the location of
these materials, please consult the Special Collections Research Center
Information for Users
- Preferred Citation
- Carl Alwin Schenck Collection, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Copyright Notice
- North Carolina State University does not own copyright to this collection. Individuals obtaining materials from the NCSU
Libraries' Special Collections Research Center are responsible for using the works in conformance with United States copyright
law as well as any donor restrictions accompanying the materials.
- Processor's Note
- The titles of the individual photographs were derived from the notations on the backs of the photographs. When there was no
notation on the photograph, a title was created and enclosed in brackets.The information on the back of the photographs has
been transcribed verbatim. The author's capitalization and punctuation have been retained exactly as originally written. When
a word could not be deciphered, it is indicated by a set of empty brackets: .
The photographs in this folder could be from one or more sources. The Biltmore Forestry School traveled the United States
between 1909 and 1914, observing logging operations from Michigan to Oregon. Dr. Carl Schenck also traveled the country extensively,
observing and recording forests and logging. Alumni of the Biltmore Forestry School and professional acquaintances sent Dr.
Schenck forestry photographs from around the United States.
Detailed Description of the Photographs
Cutting Area in Lodgepole Pine
Item Description: This is a photograph of a cutting area in the Bighorn National Forest. "Cutting area in lodgepole pine, (Pinus contorta). Bighorn National Forest - Wyoming."
Physical Description: Kallitypes (9 3/4 x 7 1/2)
Item Identification: 348b 40918