The Visualization Studio is a collaborative environment for researchers that provides an ideal physical space for arranging visual information. The room contains 12 projectors (3 per wall) used to display the contents of a single, Windows computer screen 360-degrees across four walls. It also provides the infrastructure to tie in personal laptops, allowing four different users to project on the walls simultaneously. Because the Visualization Studio runs a standard desktop, it can support a wide range of applications and users from a variety of disciplines with varying levels of computer skills. Custom software is available to exploit the display space of the Visualization Studio, and the room enables video conferencing as well.
The Visualization Studio is located in D. H. Hill Library on the 2nd floor of the stacks, next to the Unity Lab.
- Windows server with 1 USB port
- Hookups for 4 laptops (VGA or HDMI)
- 12 LCD projectors (1024 x 768)
- HD Webcam
Contact Email Address
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to six months in advance by NC State faculty members and graduate students for research or curricular activities for periods ranging from 1 hour to a full day.
- Food and beverage service, including catering, is not allowed in this room.
- This room offers technical capabilities that may require special preparation and testing prior to a scheduled activity. To learn about these capabilities, users may request a consultation.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.