The Usability Lab on the fourth floor is equipped with a workstation and software for capturing and analyzing human-computer interaction to assess software, interfaces, and other technology products. Morae software is available for screen capture and remote viewing. Video capture is made possible by point/tilt/zoom cameras located on two walls. The space is limited to use for research purposes and is available only with a reservation made in advance.
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to 30 days in advance by NC State faculty, students, and staff, for period ranging from 1 to 8 hours.
- Food and beverage service, including catering, is not allowed in this room.
- This room offers technical capabilities that may require special preparation and testing prior to a scheduled activity. To learn about these capabilities, users may request a consultation.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisors are available to provide help on demand in the Group Study Rooms, including research consultation and technical support
- The Reservation Request Form provides options for requesting assistance in advance of a reservation