Music Rooms (Hunt)
Four Music Rooms on the fourth floor are fully equipped for creating and mixing music, voice recording, audio transfer, and digital media editing, with full 88-key MIDI controller/keyboards, professional microphones, turntables, cassette decks, and digital media workstations. Documentation regarding room use is provided for users upon check-in. Note that room C does not have a MIDI keyboard but one may be checked out from Technology Lending.
The weighted, 88-key MIDI controllers are perfect for keyboard recording and practice, but for those seeking a traditional piano experience, there are eight practice studios available to NC State students on a first-come, first-served basis in Price Music Center, the home of the Music Department.
NOTE: You must check in at the Ask Us desk at the time of your reservation to gain admission to the room. Make sure you bring your Wolfpack One card to check out materials necessary for completing the reservation.
Ableton Live; AfterEffects; Audacity; Autodesk Maya; Blender; Camtasia; FinalCut; GarageBand; LogicPro; MakerWare; ProTools; Reaper; SketchUp; Toast; WinAMP
Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material; the person using this equipment is liable for any infringement. For more information about copyright law, the rights of copyright owners, and the right of fair use to make limited copies for purposes such as teaching, research, and study at North Carolina State University, visit the website of the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center at: www.lib.ncsu.edu/cdsc
Location InformationRoom Numbers:
- Music Room A (4214),
- Music Room B (4213),
- Music Room C [no MIDI controller] (4212),
- Music Room D (4211)
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisors are available to provide help on demand in the room, including research consultation and technical support
- Request help at any time from Ask Us via the touchpad located in each room or via the web, telephone, and mobile devices
- The Reservation Request Form provides options for requesting assistance in advance of a reservation
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to 7 days in advance by NC State faculty, students, and staff, for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Limit of 2 reservations per day by the same user(s).
- 15-minute grace period for arrival, before the space becomes available for other users.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.