Reservations are not required to enjoy the Game Lab. The Lab is open for free play all the hours not reserved by faculty and graduate students for research or curricular activities.
The Game Lab supports the scholarly study of digital games and offers a place to take a break and play for fun. Equipped with multiple video gaming systems and a large (20.3x5 foot) Christie® MicroTile® display, which can be used as a single panorama or divided into multiple sections.
- Christie® MicroTile® video wall, 20.3x5-ft., 16 x 5 tiles, 80 total tiles, 7472w x 1744h pixels
- Interaction: Full-screen touch with up to 40 touches
- Controls: AMX 20" multi-touch control panel, allowing users to select applications, configure content sources, and interact with applications on the wall
- Laptops and mobile devices for network-enabled applications
- Sound: 5.1 surround sound (5 sound channels + 1 subwoofer)
- Source: 4 modern gaming consoles, 4 legacy gaming consoles, Blu-ray, 4K image
- Application Windows server, Mac Pro 4K, HD video players, Windows desktop
- 2 HDMI inputs for laptop, iPad, etc.
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to six months in advance by NC State faculty members and graduate students for research or curricular activities for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours
- When not reserved, this room is available for drop-in use.
- Food and beverage service, including catering, is not allowed in this room.
- This room offers technical capabilities that may require special preparation and testing prior to a scheduled activity. To learn about these capabilities, users may request a consultation.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisers are available to provide help in advance of a reservation and on demand in this room, including research consultation and technical support