Digital Media Lab Studio
The Digital Media Lab Studio is an enclosed room within the Digital Media Lab with audio production and video editing workstations, a greenscreen wall for filming special effects, and a softbox lighting kit.
Enter the D. H. Hill Library from the Brickyard. Take the main stairs or elevator to the first floor lobby. Turn right to enter the Learning Commons. Continue straight until the carpet ends. Turn left down the short hallway. The Digitial Media Lab is on the right. The studio is the room in the back corner of the Lab.
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to 7 days in advance by NC State faculty members, students, and staff, for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 15-minute grace period for arrival, before the space becomes available for other users.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.
The studio is reservable and includes one audio and video editing workstation, equipment for audio recording and conversion from analog to digital formats, a softbox lighting kit, and a greenscreen. Reference headphones, Sure SM57 microphones, and XLR cables are available for checkout at the Main Circulation Desk. Patrons will need to check out a key to the studio at the Main Circulation Desk and ask staff at the Learning Commons Desk to log them into the workstations in the studio.
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisers are available to provide help in advance of a reservation and on demand in this room, including research consultation and technical support