Digital Media Lab Studio
The Digital Media Lab Studio is an enclosed room within the Digital Media Lab with audio production and video editing workstations, a greenscreen wall for filming special effects, and a softbox lighting kit.
Enhance your DML Studio experience by using equipment from Technology Lending:
Software Includes: AfterEffects; Audacity; Autodesk Maya; Blender; Camtasia; Compressor; FinalCut 7; FinalCut X; GarageBand; iMovie; LogicPro; MainStage; Makerware; Motion; SketchUp; Toast; WinAMP
COPYRIGHT NOTICE: Notice: The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material; the person using this equipment is liable for any infringement. For more information about copyright law, the rights of copyright owners, and the right of fair use to make limited copies for purposes such as teaching, research, and study at North Carolina State University, visit the website of the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center at: www.lib.ncsu.edu/cdsc
Enter the D. H. Hill Library from the Brickyard. Take the main stairs or elevator to the first floor lobby. Turn right to enter the Learning Commons. Continue straight until the carpet ends. Turn left down the short hallway. The Digitial Media Lab is on the right. The studio is the room in the back corner of the Lab.
- Library staff and Student Technology Advisers are available to provide help in advance of a reservation and on demand in this room, including research consultation and technical support
The studio is reservable and includes one audio and video editing workstation, equipment for audio recording and conversion from analog to digital formats, a softbox lighting kit, and a greenscreen. Reference headphones, Sure SM57 microphones, and XLR cables are available for checkout at the Ask Us center. Patrons will need to check out a key to the studio at the Ask Us center and ask staff to log them into the workstations in the studio.
Contact Email Address
Reservation and Use Guidelines
- May be reserved up to 7 days in advance by NC State faculty members, students, and staff, for periods ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- 15-minute grace period for arrival, before the space becomes available for other users.
- Spaces cannot be reserved or held by placing personal belongings in them. Unattended items will be removed.
- The NCSU Libraries reserves the right to change a user’s reservation, if necessary, and will provide as much advance notice as possible should this be necessary.
- Users are requested to cancel reservations in advance if their plans change, so that the space can be available to others.