Using Special Collections Materials
The Special Collections Public Services Desk will be closed on Tuesday, December 24; Wednesday, December 25; and Wednesday, January 1, for the holidays. Appointments are strongly recommended for December 26, 27, 28, 30, and 31. Because materials are stored off-site, please request items by December 19 to ensure delivery of your requested materials during the holidays. For further assistance, or to request an appointment during holiday hours, please contact Eli Brown, Head of Special Collections
Our regular hours are: Monday - Friday, 8:00-6:30; Saturday - 9:00-6:30; Sunday - Closed
Request and use materials
- Materials are stored off-site; you must request items in advance. It takes 24-48 hours to retrieve most items from storage. Request materials
- You do not have to be affiliated with NC State to use Special Collections materials.
- You will need to register at the SCRC and provide photo identification such as a driver's license, passport, student ID card, etc.
- Laptops and other mobile computing devices are allowed in the SCRC Reading Room.
Because the items in the SCRC are unique, fragile, and irreplaceable, special rules and regulations apply when using the SCRC Reading Room:
- SCRC materials may be used only in the Reading Room.
- No food, drink, or chewing gum is permitted.
- Pencils are the only writing implements allowed in the Reading Room.
- Backpacks or bags are not allowed in the Reading Room. A staff member will store bags and personal belongings for you.
- Digital cameras (no flash) are allowed.
- Cell phone cameras (no flash) are allowed.
- Personal scanners are not allowed.
To assist researchers in their work, we can provide:
The SCRC is located in the East Wing of the D. H. Hill Library