The Special Collections Research Center is able to make photocopies and digital scans of material in its holdings for both research and publication purposes.
- All photocopies and scans are made by Special Collections staff.
- Because of the fragile nature of some of our materials, there may be some restrictions on the copying or scanning of fragile, bound, or oversized items.
- Reproduction requests are processed daily; patrons will be notified when reproduction requests are completed. Requests typically take up to one week to complete.
- Completed orders can be picked up in person or mailed directly.;
- Researchers assume all responsibilities for copyright in the duplication of Special Collections materials.
- Items from Faculty Publications may not be duplicated.
- Personal items belonging to patrons or other items not from the holdings of Special Collections may not be duplicated.
Publication or Broadcast
- Any use beyond personal, research, or classroom use requires the completion of a Permission Form.
- Use fees are $25.00 for Academic use (per item) and $100.00 for Commercial use (per item)
- Permission must be reviewed by the NCSU Libraries Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center before the reproductions will be delivered.
- Researchers assume all responsibilities for copyright in the use of Special Collections materials.
- If NC State is the copyright holder, permission must be granted by the Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center.
- The Special Collections Research Center accepts cash or checks made out to NCSU Libraries. Credit card orders are accepted by phone or U. S. postal mail only. Do not send credit card information via fax or email.
- Price list for reproduction services
To request duplication of material held by the Special Collections Research Center, please fill out a Reproduction Request form and send it to: