ARTstor is a digital library of over 2 million images in the areas of art, graphic design, industrial design, the built environment, the humanities, and the sciences. It provides tools to browse, search, view, present, and manage images for research and teaching purposes.
With ARTstor, patrons can download high-resolution images, create image groups (folders), direct others to specific images or image groups through persistent URLs or hyperlinks, upload personal files, export images to their Offline Image Viewer (OIV) presentation tool or into PowerPoint, and integrate content with courseware. ARTstor also provides mobile support for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android devices, which features Flashcard View for study.
Some of these features require instructor-level privileges (open to students and staff as well). To obtain privileges (open to students and staff as well), email Barbara Brenny.
Some notable collections in ARTstor include:
- Josef and Anni Albers Foundation
- Art on File’s Contemporary Architecture, Urban Design, and Public Art
- Columbia University’s architecture collection
- Ezra Stoller Modern Architecture Archive
- Foundation for Landscape Studies
- Cooper Union’s graphic design collection
- Hartill Archive of Architecture and Allied Arts
- Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record
- Islamic Art and Architecture (Sheila Blair)
- Magnum Photos
- MOMA’s architecture and design collection
- Society of Architectural Historians Architecture Archive (SAHARA)