Instruction Support Services
Digital Media Assignments
The library provides support for instructors and students completing digital media assignments. The following resources are recommended for instructors.
Library staff are available to consult with you about your digital media assignment as well as provide an in-class presentation highlighting resources, technology, and assistance available to students.
- Request an Instruction Consultation: A librarian can provide a 20-minute session giving an overview of available technology, software, and expert help. This does not include software training.
- Request an Assignment Consultation: Want to talk to a librarian about your digital media assignment?
The following resources will help your students become aware of and learn to use technology and software available through the library. We also have staff available to provide point-of-need assistance and technology consultations.
- Student Digital Media Assignment Guide: Point your students to useful information and resources available at the library to create digital media projects.
- Lynda.com: You or your students can learn iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Audacity, GarageBand, and other software using these video tutorials.
- Request a Technology Consultation: You or your students can make a one-hour appointment with one of the library's Digital Media Assistants to receive software help.
Copyright and Fair Use
The following resources will give you an overview of copyright and fair use in relation to digital media assignments.
- Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center (CDSC): The staff at the CDSC can consult with you on copyright and fair use issues related to digital media assignments and provide instruction for your students.
- Copyright and Your Digital Media Project Web Module: Useful online tool giving an overview of copyright from the University of Wisconsin.
- Creative Commons Explained: Clever video about the origin of Creative Commons, what it is, and how it works (6:37).
Completed Project Examples
Check out these assignments from previous semesters.
- English 101 Autoethnography Videos
- English 101 Kickstarter Video
- Community Nutrition Video
- Student project: When Cooking Matters
- Self as Leader Videos
Other Useful Resources
Librarian Contact Information
- Kim Duckett, Associate Head, Digital Technologies & Learning
- (919) 513-3653