Sociology Research Guide
- Allyn & Bacon Sociology Links
- Links are collected under the following broad subject areas: Sociology mega sites, age inequality, collective behavior and social movements, criminal justice system, culture, deviance, drugs, economy, education, environment, family, gender and gender inequality, juvenile delinquency, medicine, politics, population and urbanization, race inequality, religion, research methods and statistics, social change, social class and poverty, social psychology, social structures and interaction, socialization, technology, theory, violence and abuse.
- Dead Sociologists' Society
- Provides information on various theorists. Includes links to other sociology-related sites arranged by topic. Subjects covered include collective behavior and social movements, crime and deviance, culture, the family, gender inequality, medicine and health, population and urbanization, violence/abuse, and many more.
- The Dead Sociologists' Society is the creation of Larry Ridener who teaches at Pfeiffer University in North Carolina.
- Social Science Information Gateway
- The Social Science Information Gateway (SOSIG) is a freely available Internet service which aims to provide a trusted source of selected, high quality Internet information for students, academics, researchers and practitioners in the social sciences, business and law. It is part of the UK Resource Discovery Network.
- A Sociological Tour Through Cyberspace
- Provides access to general sociological resources. Also contains essays, commentaries, data, and links to the sociologies of time, death and dying, social gerontology, family, gender, race and ethnicity, and more. Maintained by Prof. Michael C. Kearl, Department of Sociology & Anthropology, Trinity University.
- The SocioWeb is an independent guide to the Sociological resources available on the Internet and is founded in the belief that the Internet can help to unite the sociological community in ways never before possible.
- The SocioWeb has no funding and is essentially a one-man effort.
- Yahoo! Social Science: Sociology
- Lists sociological sites under a number of categories, including Collective Behavior, Criminology, Human Ecology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Rural Sociology, Social Class and Stratification, Social Psychology, and Urban Studies.