Grantseeking and Fundraising Guide
Librarian: Mohan Ramaswamy
NC State & Local Resources
- COS Pivot (funding opportunities) database via NCSU Libraries
- Foundation Center Directory
- Prospect Research (via NC State's Office of Advancement Services)
- Sponsored Programs and Regulatory Compliance
- NC State Colleges
- Individual colleges or departments may provide support or information on identifying funding, so you may wish to check relevant departmental websites for further leads.
- Search the library catalog for specialized directories that list funding sources:
- Sometimes publication websites will list relevant grants for a particular research focus.
Literature Search Databases:
- A useful strategy is to search the Web of Science database for papers on your research area, and then use the Analyze Results by the Funding Agency field to see who has funded topics in those areas.
Federal Grant Sources
Natural and Physical Sciences
- Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service (USDA)
- Department of Health and Human Services
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- National Institutes of Health
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- National Science Foundation