Guide to Finding Theses and Dissertations
- Search NCSU Electronic Theses & Dissertations (ETDs)
- Includes ETDs completed since 2002, with partial coverage from 1997-2002
- Also searchable in the Libraries' catalog
- Theses and dissertations completed at other universities
Whether a thesis or dissertation published at NCSU is available online or in print depends upon the publication date:
- 2002-present: Generally available online only
- 1997-2002: May be available online or in print
- Prior to 1997: Generally available in print only
The NCSU Libraries collects theses and dissertations completed at NC State University. The majority of the printed collection (pre-1997 and some 1997-2002) is located on the 5th floor of D. H. Hill Library. The call number area is LD 3921.
The call numbers take the format LD 3921. Dept. Name .Letter/#
[Example: LD 3921. Adult Educ. .B271]
NC State Electronic Theses and Dissertations
Since 1997, students at NC State have been able to submit an electronic version of their thesis or dissertation. On April 22, 2002, electronic submission became required. These materials are searchable in the catalog as well as the digital repository.
Searching for Theses and Dissertations at NC State
Option 1. Do an ANYWHERE search in the catalog in the following format: Theses TOPIC
Example: Theses Information Technology
Option 2. Do a SUBJECT HEADING search in the catalog in the following format: North Carolina State University Theses
Variation on Option 2: If you know the department name, it can be added to the end of the Subject Heading search.
Example: North Carolina State University Theses Adult Education