Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
Librarian: Jennifer Garrett
What it is:
- An online database of Standard & Poor's publications related to financial markets and investing.
What you can expect to find:
- Extensive profiles of publicly traded companies including financials, executives and officers, reports on relevant industries, competitor listings, 5-star ratings of stocks, valuation, brief analyst research notes and company news.
- Basic financials, business descriptions and ratios on international companies can be found in Compustat International Fundamentals Publication.
- Mutual funds and ETF information.
Some useful things you can do:
- Download company financials for working in excel; download PDFs of company profiles.
- Look up an industry and find information on its current environment, trends, how it operates, key ratios and statistics, and how to analyze a company in that industry.
- Find current economic briefs, insights, trends and projections under the Industries section.
- Screen funds based on criteria like fund family, S&P ranking, and others.
- Find security dealers in North America.
- This resource usually has very current information and does not provide historical content (e.g. historical stock information. See instead, this FAQ.
- Standard and Poor's Stock Reports, Company Profiles, Industry Surveys, Corporation Records, Register, Stock Guide, Bond Guide, Earnings Guide, The Outlook, and Dividend Record, Compustat International Fundamentals.