Handbooks, including NC Agricultural Chemicals Manual
Electronic Databases and Print Indexes
Statistics and Data
Internet Gateways and General Guides
Agricultural Markets and Analysis
Full Text Resources
Agricultural Experiment Station and Extension Publications (under construction)
Agriculture: Electronic Databases and Print Indexes
The National Agricultural Library's bibliographic database of citations to agricultural resources.
- CAB Abstracts (via EBSCOhost. NCSU only)
Worldwide index to agriculture, forestry, and allied disciplines, including animal
and human nutrition and veterinary medicine. From the Centre for Agriculture & Biosciences
International. Coverage: 1973-present.
Abstracts Archive (via EBSCOhost) (NCSU only)
Combines 17 printed abstract journals produced between 1910 and 1972 into a single database.
- Community of Science (COS) (http://www.cos.com/services/) (COS members only)
- COS Funding Opportunities.
Contains detailed information for more than 20,500 available research grants worldwide. Updated daily.
- Funded Research (via Community of Science).
Search to see what projects have been funded by the NSF, NIH, USDA, and other organizations. (Note: Accessible only via one's personal COS Workbench.)
- NCSU Scholarly Publications Repository (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/repository/scholpubs/search.php)
Search by author, department, or journal title for published articles, books, or patents. Coverage: 1997-present.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (via Web of Science. NCSU only)
A multidisciplinary database that covers 3,330 major journals across 100 scientific disciplines. Indexes cited references of the articles in the database so you can search by cited author, cited patent or cited paper. This allows you to trace a particular research topic in the scientific literature. Coverage: 1900- present. Updated weekly.
Record (via ISI Web of Knowledge. NCSU only)
most comprehensive index to zoological and animal science literature, with
particular emphasis on biodiversity and systematic/taxonomic information. Indexes
materials including journals, books,
and conference proceedings. Coverage: 1864-present. Updated monthly.
- Agricultural Index (continued by the Biological and Agricultural Index)
D. H. Hill Lib S1 .A1811 (8th floor Book Stack Tower)
Agricultural Index covers journal articles, as well as selected agricultural experiment station publications, selected state Department of Agriculture publications, and U.S.D.A. publications from 1916-1964.
- Bibliography of Agriculture. Early volumes list author as U.S. Department of Agriculture, Library. Later volumes are listed as "Data provided by National Agricultural Library, U.S. Department of Agriculture."
D. H. Hill Ref has Vol. 3, no. 1 (July 1943)-present. All volumes are shelved together.
D. H. Hill Ref A 17.18: v.3 (July 1943)- v.33 (Dec. 1969)
D. H. Hill Ref S1 .B515 v.34 (Jan. 1970)-present
Bibliography of Agriculture is an index to journals and selected agricultural experiment station and extension publications owned by the National Agricultural Library. You may search for references by subject or author. Corresponds to the AGRICOLA electronic database.
- Biological & Agricultural Index (1964-) (continues Agricultural Index)
D. H. Hill Ref S1 .A1811
Librarian Contact Information