The National Agricultural Library's bibliographic database of citations to agricultural resources.
- AGRICOLA via EBSCOhost (NCSU only). Coverage: 1970-present.
- AGRICOLA via Community of Science (http://agricola.cos.com/). (NCSU only). Coverage: 1979-present. Updated monthly.
- AGRICOLA via National Agricultural Library (http://agricola.nal.usda.gov/). Coverage: 1970-present. Updated daily.
NAL Agricultural Thesaurus (NALT)
NALT is the controlled vocabulary of the database, AGRICOLA.
Use the Journals Indexed in AGRICOLA (JIA) database
to find the full title for the journal abbreviation found in AGRICOLA.
Note: you must include punctuation marks in your search. For example, to find out if J. sustain. agric. is indexed in AGRICOLA, search for J. sustain. agric. (not J sustain agric) in Abbreviated Title.
- CAB Abstracts (via EBSCOhost. NCSU only)
Worldwide index to agriculture, forestry, and allied disciplines, including animal and human nutrition and veterinary medicine. From the Centre for Agriculture & Biosciences International. Coverage: 1973-present.
CAB Abstracts Archive (via EBSCOhost) (NCSU only)
Combines 17 printed abstract journals produced between 1910 and 1972 into a single database.
- Community of Science (COS) (http://www.cos.com/services/) (COS members only)
- COS Funding Opportunities.
Contains detailed information for more than 20,500 available research grants worldwide. Updated daily.
- Funded Research (via Community of Science).
Search to see what projects have been funded by the NSF, NIH, USDA, and other organizations. (Note: Accessible only via one's personal COS Workbench.)
- COS Funding Opportunities.
- NCSU Scholarly Publications Repository (http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/repository/scholpubs/search.php)
Search by author, department, or journal title for published articles, books, or patents. Coverage: 1997-present.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (via Web of Science. NCSU only)
A multidisciplinary database that covers 3,330 major journals across 100 scientific disciplines. Indexes cited references of the articles in the database so you can search by cited author, cited patent or cited paper. This allows you to trace a particular research topic in the scientific literature. Coverage: 1900- present. Updated weekly.
- Zoological Record (via ISI Web of Knowledge. NCSU only)
The world's most comprehensive index to zoological and animal science literature, with particular emphasis on biodiversity and systematic/taxonomic information. Indexes materials including journals, books, and conference proceedings. Coverage: 1864-present. Updated monthly.
- Agricultural Index (continued by the Biological and Agricultural Index)
D. H. Hill Lib S1 .A1811 (8th floor Book Stack Tower)
Agricultural Index covers journal articles, as well as selected agricultural experiment station publications, selected state Department of Agriculture publications, and U.S.D.A. publications from 1916-1964.
- Bibliography of Agriculture. Early volumes list author as U.S. Department of Agriculture, Library. Later volumes are listed as "Data provided by National Agricultural Library, U.S. Department of Agriculture."
D. H. Hill Ref has Vol. 3, no. 1 (July 1943)-present. All volumes are shelved together.
D. H. Hill Ref A 17.18: v.3 (July 1943)- v.33 (Dec. 1969)
D. H. Hill Ref S1 .B515 v.34 (Jan. 1970)-present
Bibliography of Agriculture is an index to journals and selected agricultural experiment station and extension publications owned by the National Agricultural Library. You may search for references by subject or author. Corresponds to the AGRICOLA electronic database.
- Biological & Agricultural Index (1964-) (continues Agricultural Index)
D. H. Hill Ref S1 .A1811