NC Local GIS Data Archive:
Wake County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Wake County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
Wake County Municipal Government GIS Links:
NCSU Libraries Vector Data ArchiveMay include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
- 1996 Data mostly converted from 2000 TIGER
- 1997 May 1997 parcels polygons only, converted from DXF
- 1999 Mostly DXF files; Obtained via CD from the county; March 1999
- 2000 Acquired via CD from the county; February 2000
- 2001 Downloaded Oct. 2001 from county website
- 2002 Downloaded May 8, 2002 from county website
- 2004 Oct. 2004 zoning and public safety data only
- 2005 Feb. 2005 streets only
- 2006 Downloaded Sept. 12, 2006 from county website
- 2007 Downloaded July 25, 2007 from county website
- 2008 Downloaded July 28, 2008 from county website
- 2009 Downloaded Jul. 30, 2009 from county website
- 2010 Downloaded Dec. 16, 2010 from county website
- 2011 Downloaded Sept. 21, 2011 from county website
- 2012 Downloaded Feb. 7, 2013 from county website
- 2013 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2013
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "View" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data ArchivePrimarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
NCSU Libraries has orthophotos for Wake County for the following year(s) and formats:
- 1958 - TIFF
- 1974 - TIFF
- 1981 - TIFF
- 1988 - TIFF
- 1999 - SID/TIFF
- 2005 - SID
- 1993 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 1998 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 2004 - 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2012 NAIP county orthophoto mosaics - Learn more...
- 2010, 2013 (in-process) 6-inch resolution, true color Orthophotos - Learn more...
Additional Data Distributed By County
Orthophotos for the following year(s) are available for Wake County from NC OneMap's Raster Download Site:
Wake County contributed street centerline data to NC Street Map on the following date(s):
FEMA Flood Zones Learn more...
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) Learn more...