NC Local GIS Data Archive: Surry County
County & Municipal GIS Links | Vector Data Holdings | Raster Data Holdings | Additional Data Sources
Surry County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Surry County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
Surry County Municipal Government GIS Links:
- Mt Airy
NCSU Libraries Vector Data Archive
May include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
Access to the Geodata Server requires a valid UNITY ID by NCSU affiliated users only.
Off-campus users: proxy link to 'Surry_County' ftp folder.
- 2011 Acquired February 2011 via project
- 2012 Acquired June 2012 via state agency
- 2013 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2013
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "Page" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data Archive
Primarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
Contact Data Services for information and access to the data files.
NCSU Libraries has orthophotos for Surry County for the following year(s) and formats:
Additional Data Distributed By County
Go to the Libraries County GIS Page