NC Local GIS Data Archive:
Mecklenburg County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Mecklenburg County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
Mecklenburg County Municipal Government GIS Links:
NCSU Libraries Vector Data ArchiveMay include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
- 1997 More Info...
- 1999 More Info...
- 2000 More Info...
- 2001 More Info...
- 2007 Downloaded Aug. 22, 2007 from county website
- 2008 Downloaded Dec. 3 from county website
- 2008 Downloaded Aug. 25, 2008 from county website
- 2009 Downloaded Aug. 3, 2009 from county website
- 2011 Acquired February 2011 via project
- 2013 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2013
- 2014 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2014
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "View" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data ArchivePrimarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
NCSU Libraries has orthophotos for Mecklenburg County for the following year(s) and formats:
- 1978 - SID
- 2002 - SID
- 2005 - SID/TIFF
- 1993 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 1998 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 2004 - 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2012 NAIP county orthophoto mosaics - Learn more...
- 2010, 2015 (planned) 6-inch resolution, true color Orthophotos - Learn more...
Additional Data Distributed By County
Orthophotos for the following year(s) are available for Mecklenburg County from NC OneMap's Raster Download Site:
- 2001 (Satellite Imagery)
Mecklenburg County has not yet contributed street centerline data to NC Street Map.
FEMA Flood Zones Learn more...
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) Learn more...