NC Local GIS Data Archive:
Madison County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Madison County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
- Data Download - Use GIS software to view, map, and analyze
NCSU Libraries Vector Data ArchiveMay include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "View" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data ArchivePrimarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
NCSU Libraries has orthophotos for Madison County for the following year(s) and formats:
- 2003 - SID
- 2009 - SID
- 1993 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 1998 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 2004 - 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2012 NAIP county orthophoto mosaics - Learn more...
- 2010, 2014 (planned) 6-inch resolution, true color Orthophotos - Learn more...
Additional Data Distributed By County
Orthophotos for the following year(s) are available for Madison County from NC OneMap's Raster Download Site:
Madison County has not yet contributed street centerline data to NC Street Map.
FEMA Flood Zones Learn more...
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) Learn more...