NC Local GIS Data Archive:
Gaston County's GIS Links
- GIS Website - Go here for questions about Gaston County GIS
- Online Mapping - Generate custom maps, owner and address search, more
NCSU Libraries Vector Data ArchiveMay include feature types such as property ownership parcels, street centerlines, jurisdictional boundaries, districts, zoning, building footprints, land use, and various other layers.
- 2006 PDF maps only; Downloaded Sept. 6, 2006 from county website
- 2007 PDF maps only; Downloaded July 19, 2007 from county website
- 2008 PDF maps only; Downloaded Aug. 26, 2008 from county website
- 2008 Downloaded Sept. 26, 2008 from county ftp
- 2011 Downloaded Aug. 30, 2011 from county website
- 2013 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2013
- 2014 Acquired from NC Base Data Project, Sept. 2014
Tip: With Internet Explorer, go to the "View" menu and select "Open FTP site in Windows Explorer."
NCSU Libraries Raster Data ArchivePrimarily includes orthophotos (digital aerial photography)
NCSU Libraries has orthophotos for Gaston County for the following year(s) and formats:
- 1997 - SID
- 2000 - SID
- 2005 - SID
- 2009 - SID
- 1993 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 1998 USGS DOQQs - Learn more...
- 2004 - 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2012 NAIP county orthophoto mosaics - Learn more...
- 2010, 2015 (planned) 6-inch resolution, true color Orthophotos - Learn more...
Additional Data Distributed By County
Orthophotos for the following year(s) are available for Gaston County from NC OneMap's Raster Download Site:
Gaston County has not yet contributed street centerline data to NC Street Map.
FEMA Flood Zones Learn more...
Digital Elevation Models (DEMs) Learn more...