Grants & Funding
Librarians can provide assistance with searching funding databases and creating funding opportunity alerts. We can also help Find Research Collaborators. For more information, meet with a librarian or Ask Us.
The NCSU Research Development Office provides access to:
- New funding opportunities
- Funding databases (such as InfoEd SPIN)
- Institutionally limited funding opportunities, internal funding programs (such as NC Sea Grant and NC Space Grant)
- External funding agencies
Grant Proposal Writing
The NCSU Libraries provides text for use in describing Libraries spaces and facilities for NSF, NIH, and other agency grant proposals. Feel free to copy relevant portions of this text into your research proposals. If you have questions or need additional information, please Ask Us.
- Data Management Planning
- Broader Impacts Requirements
- NIH Grant Writing Tip Sheets (with tutorials and sample applications)
- Get support developing your biosketch for NIH and NSF in SciENcv
- Foundation Center
- Find books on proposal writing for grants
Sponsored Research Compliance
SPARCS facilitates the submission of proposals, the negotiation of agreements, the administration of internally and externally funded projects, and the administration of subagreements that provide funding to NC State University. SPARCS provides online training on compliance and other topics.
- NCSU Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research (IRB)
- Animal Care and Use (IACUC)
- Statistical Consulting Group, NCSU Department of Statistics
- Copyright and Digital Scholarship Center
Federal Grant Funding Agencies
Grants.gov - Find, apply for, and track federal grants from 26 federal grant-making agencies.
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Agency
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
State Grant Funding Agencies