Historical State has been a resource for documenting the history of NC State. Historical State Search will create a dynamic website to allow searching across all digital collections related to NC State history without having to go to external sites. Types of content indexed will include still images, collection guides, course catalogs, audio recordings and events. Features will include keyword searching, faceted browsing, and timelines. Pathfinder pages and other curated content will have online administrative interfaces for curating the content of those pages and keeping it fresh.
- Jason Ronallo, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Joyce Chapman, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Brian Dietz, Special Collections Research Center.
- Todd Kosmerick, Special Collections Research Center.
- Cate Putirskis, Special Collections Research Center.
- Joe Ryan, Digital Library Initiatives.
- Brent Brafford, External Relations.
Historical State Search is a Ruby on Rails application utilizing the Blacklight plugin for Solr-powered search. A MySQL database is used for managing curated content like events. A rake task harvests most of the content from our digital assets management database. An integrated pageturner using Solr displays multi-page documents.
- Released March 8, 2010.
Last updated: October 26, 2009