Available now in beta! Please contact Justin Haynes (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in using the Othermill.
- Desktop CNC milling machine
- Create 2D and 3D objects out of materials like wood, plastic, wax, and foam using digital designs
- Import design files into the milling software to callibrate the machine and create milling plan
- Otherplan is compatible with multiple file formats: Eagle (.brd), Gerber, SVG (.svg) and G-code (.nc and .tap)
- Seven kinds of milling bits are available; check out bits at the D.H. Hill Makerspace
- Materials are available for purchase at the D.H. Hill Makerspace
- You operate the machine; but you must attend the D.H. Hill Makerspace Orientation and tool-specific Othermill Safety Training first. Contact Justin Haynes (email@example.com) if you would like to schedule an Othermill Safety Training.
- Build Area: 5.5 x 4.5 X 1.4 in
- Precision: 0.001 in (0.0254 mm)
- Max Traverse Speed (Rapid): 60 in/min (1,500 mm/min)
- Spindle Speed: 10,500–16,500 rpm
- Machine is not compatible with: glass, FR-4 (fiberglass), ceramics, stone, wood with high-ptch content and soft rubber
- More info from Bantam Tools (formerly Other Machine Co.)
- D. H. Hill Makerspace, Hill