ChemBioDraw Ultra: Download and Installation
Thanks to the generosity of the Department of Chemistry, the Office of Information Technology, the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, the College of Education, the Department of Forest Biomaterials, the Department of Material Science and Engineering, the College of Physical and mathematical Sciences, the Department of Plant Biology, the College of Textiles, and the NCSU Libraries at NC State, ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0 is now available to NCSU students, faculty and staff free of charge through a university-wide site license. You can download the software and install it on your work or home computer.
Our site license agreement with ChemBioDraw allows access ONLY to current NCSU students, faculty, and staff (More information; Unity ID login required).
Video - Steps for Download
See below for step by step instruction
1. Download ChemBioDraw:
- Follow this link to download ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0 (ONLY for current NCSU students, faculty, and staff). Note: Please use Internet Explorer or Firefox to download the software.
2. Account Verification
- Submit your firstname.lastname@example.org email address for site license verification.
- Click "Continue" on account verification page.
3. Registering for a PerkinElmer account (required)
- Click "Register" on the right side to create a PerkinElmer account. You have to have a PerkinElmer account to download the software.
- Fill in all the required fields. You can uncheck the boxes at the bottom if you do NOT wish to receive emails from PerkinElmer.
- Click "Continue to Your Previous Request".
- It should take you to the download page or the login page. If you are not automatically logged in, you can login with the new account you just created.
- You will see a web page with two sets of download links, one for Windows, the other for Macintosh.
- Click the appropriate download link (Windows or Mac) to start downloading.
- Depending on your internet speed, it takes a few minutes to download.
- An email will be sent to you with a serial number and a registration code (Mac only).
- For Windows users: Double click the .exe file to start installation. You will be asked for your name, email address, and serial number upon installation. Fill in all the information, and click "activate over internet". Click "Next" to proceed with the installation. You don't need to change any configurations unless you are an advanced ChemBioDraw user.
- For Mac users: Locate the installation file you just downloaded. Double click to begin installation. Click "Continue" to proceed to next steps. You will be asked for your name, serial number, and registration code during the installation process.
If you have any questions related to the NCSU campus-wide site license, please contact Bill Coker (email@example.com), Software Licensing Manager, or Mark Harben (firstname.lastname@example.org), from the Office of Information Technology.
If you have questions on using the software, please contact the Chemistry librarians.
Frequently asked questions: