Reaxys provides access to the Beilstein and Gmelin databases, as well as a patent chemistry database. Reaxys is a web-based search and retrieval system for chemical compounds, bibliographic data,chemical patent information, and chemical reactions. Reaxys contains pharmacological, ecotoxicological, and toxicological data; specific bioassay results; and logPs, toxicity values, and other valuable data.
Reaxys supercedes access to the Beilstein and Gmelin databases via the Crossfire Commander interface. As of December 2010 Elsevier no longer supports access via the Crossfire Commander.
More Information on Reaxys
Additional tools in Reaxys include:
* Synthesis planner to design the optimum synthesis route
* Generate structure from names, InChI keys, or CAS number
* Third-party linking to Scopus and eMolecules (a free website for commercially available compounds)
* Search result filters by key properties, synthesis yield, or other ranking criteria
* Multistep reactions to identify precursor reactions underlying synthesis of target compounds