Data Services Librarian
Numeric Data Listserv
- tools available for online and/or in-class data use (Tools)
- new or updated data sets, either
- social science (SocSci) or
- physical and life sciences (PhyLiSci)
- research fellowships and seminars (RSRCH)
- grants or other funding opportunities ($$$)
- on-campus learning opportunities (ContEd)
- roundtable meetings (RndTbl)
- opportunities for interested students (Stu), and
- other data-related notes of interest (Oth).
All messages from the moderator are coded in the subject line with the codes above to enable subscribers to filter for the messages in which they are particularly interested. (For instructions on how to set up email filters, check with your local computer consultant.)
Toward the bottom of the page, type your email address in the Address box. You may type in your name if you wish, although it's not required; then click the Subscribe button.
To see sample content, view the archive by month at
(You don't have to be a member or login to see this.)
Subscribers are encouraged to share their own notes of interest. It's called "library_data" to identify it as originating in the library but it is not limited to data that the library holds or maintains, merely to issues of concern to those using data for research.
Send email to email@example.com.
Only subscribers can send mail to the list.
- select a digest format or
- change your settings
After putting in your Unity login, click on "Unsubscribe or Change Settings" in the banner and follow the directions.