NUMERIC DATA SERVICES HOME
GIS Data Services
Data Services Librarian
- Annual files of organizations filing IRS Forms 990
- Standard methodology:
- Public charities, private foundations, and non-501(c)(3) organizations
- 100+ variables
- Major financial variables, most types of rev., key expense
Core Trend Files (Subset of Core Files)
- “Long and narrow” compilation of small subset of key financial
variables from 1989 through latest Core file.
- Available for public charities or private foundations.
- Update for 2004 should be available soon.
- We can also create custom “wide” datasets with imputed values
for missing years.
- 100 out of 400 or so possible variables
- No government grants!
- Most revenue vars, but weak detail in almost all other sections
- Missing returns: 1990, 1992…
- No “zero filers” (those reporting <$25k in gross receipts)
Click on the NCCS Data Web heading to access the database
through the Libraries' Databases list.
Return to the main descriptive page