Patron Login Procedure
After selecting an electronic resource, you will see the NC State Login page (as pictured below).
- Click on the drop down menu under Affiliation Status.
- Choose NCSU Libraries Patron.
- Click on the Continue Login button.
- You will then see the page that asks for your Borrower ID.
- For most patrons your Borrower ID is the 9-digit number on your card that starts with "811." Your PIN is the last four digits of your Borrower ID, unless you have changed it. If you have any questions about your Borrower ID or PIN, please call the Circulation staff at 919-515-3364.
- You must have an AllCampus card
- Make sure you are set up for library privileges.
- Borrower IDis the 9-digit number on your AllCampus card beside your picture (NOT the number at bottom left).
PIN: If your library account was created before 2004, your PIN is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (the basis of old University ID numbers). If your library account was created since 2004, your PIN is the last 4 digits of the 9-digit number on your AllCampus card.
Some of the NCSU Libraries' electronic resources are available remotely only to the core NC State University community of faculty, staff, and students in accordance with the most current terms of the license governing the particular resource. Individuals not authorized by the license to connect to a specific resource from off campus may access the resource via computers located at D. H. Hill Library or any of the four branch libraries. The NCSU Libraries updates its authentication system periodically in accordance with its many license agreements. For this reason, users may experience occasional changes in their ability to access certain resources. Alternatively, the NCSU Libraries offer document delivery services for materials in our collections.