Home: Business Guide
Sources by Topic
What it is:
- Searchable database of full text market research reports on consumer products and services.
What you can expect to find:
- Narrative market research reports that cover a range of consumer product categories from 'beauty and personal' to 'transporation'. Includes market segmentation, size and forecast, consumer preferences, lifestyle trends, product innovators, channels to market, etc.
Geographic coverage includes U.S., U.K. and a few other western European countries.
Some useful things you can do:
- Search for specific products or brands to find relevant reports.
- Download and print specific sub sections of reports.
- Export statistic tables in spreadsheet format to create graphs.
- Must create a user profile using your NC State email address (password can be anything you will remember) and login each time both on and off campus.
- Reports are based on a combination of secondary (published information and statistics) and primary research (consumer surveys), which include government, trade and commercial sources (e.g. Experian Simmons National Consumer Studies).
Librarian Contact Information
- Jennifer Garrett, Research Librarian for Management, Education and Social Sciences